GIF/VIF/DMAtag disassembler - News

Summary |  Forums |  Bugs |  News |  Files | 
Posted By: eratosthenes
Date: 2003-Oct-02 05:25
Summary:Moved from beta to stable

Well, 2 months without a bug report signals that either the GIFer works nicely a planned or no-one is using it!

I've decided to move it up the category out of beta-ness and call it stable.

There's a whole host of other things going on here too - spikeD tells me that it you remove the line which defines a 128-bit data type then this works on Cygwin too - I'll comment the line to show yuo what I mean.

Sauce has added a great deal of the functionality of the GIFer to his Visual VU Debugger, and has released to me a small library allowing you to attach what he calls a GIF explorer to your programs. I'll upload this as soon as I've written some reasonable enough documentation for it.

The GIF explorer uses Gtk libraries on the kit to give you a nice window to explore the tags with, using a collapsable tree, enabling you to ignore the output from tags that you're not interested in, and instead concentrate on the output you do want.

THE GIF EXPLORER DOES NOT REQUIRE SPS2! But, the example program that presently comes with it does. I'll see if I can come out with an example program that doesn't use SPS2.

Watch this space for an incoming upload near you.

Latest News
Closing down playstation2-linux.com
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - sarahe - 2009-Jun-04 03:49
(32 Comments)
Server Outage
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - mrich - 2008-Aug-07 14:12
(2 Comments)
Firefox 2.0.0.8 available
 Mozilla for PlayStation2 - ppietro - 2007-Nov-09 04:10
(2 Comments)
The Future of Mozilla for the PlayStation2
 Mozilla for PlayStation2 - ppietro - 2007-Nov-09 04:09